Health benefits of a pool
At PJ Pools and Spas we know that you don’t just have to go to the gym to improve your fitness. In fact, pools are renowned for their excellent contribution to improving people’s health and wellbeing.
Swimming is a fantastic all-round activity because it:
- Provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
- Keeps your heart rate up whilst taking some of the impact stress off your body.
- Builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness.
- Helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs.
- Tones muscles and builds strength.
- Improves asthma symptoms.
Safety benefits of a pool
One of the greatest benefits of having a swimming pool is that it allows your entire family to familiarise themselves with water. One of the most common issues seen around water, is that people panic and their instincts tell them to breathe and push down on the water rather than wave and call for help. By having a pool you are encouraging your family to become accustomed to being around water and giving them a space to practice swimming techniques in a supervised environment. People often underestimate the power a swimming pool can have, but statics show that by encouraging your children to swim you are reducing their risk of drowning by 88%.
- Here are some important things to remember around a pool:
- Supervision – Any child under the age of 10 must always be kept within sight of an adult and any child under the age of 5 must be within arm’s reach of an adult.
- Pool Fence – Under Victorian law, all pools require a safety barrier that has no direct access to a house or building. It is important to make sure that all climbable objects such as pot plants and chairs are moved away from the barrier. At PJ Pools and Spas, safety is of the utmost priority, so we make sure that your pool fence is installed and approved prior to your pool being filled.
- Familiarise – Getting your child familiar with water and encouraging basic swimming techniques plays a key role in being safe around water. It is important to explain to your child how to be safe around water, including how to get to the edge of the pool and that they can only swim if an adult is present.
Visual and Social Benefits of a pool
Installing a pool is one of the most common ways of adding value to your home and becoming the social hot-spot amongst your friends. It is important to remember that with PJ Pools and Spas you’re not just getting a new pool but a new lifestyle. With a pool you can turn your entire backyard into an outdoor oasis, creating a new entertainment area and a space to create lasting memories with your family.
- So it is important to remember that if you choose to build a PJ Pools and Spas pool you will be:
- Adding value to your home.
- Creating a social space to share with friends and family.
- Giving yourself a zone to relax and unwind.
- Building an area for long lasting fun.